4.18.2011

What did I do this weekend?

Only the coolest things ever.

Farmers Market?  Yes.   A much bigger one than last weekend.
If I had to choose, I prefer the smaller market.  It was two guys with a van that runs on vegetable oil selling some awesome local produce.  This market was, not that.  Hard to put into words why I didn't like it.  This conversation may help.  Need to know: Danae is trying to stay all raw this month.

Elderly Extremely Unhealthy Gentleman: "Want to sample some cheese?"
Me: "I would like to!"
Danae: "No thank you."
EEUG: "You don't like cheese?" (To Danae)
Me: "No, she just can't eat it."
Danae: "Yeah, I am allergic to it."
Me: "But I would like a sample."
EEUG: (To Danae, still ignoring me, the customer who wants some damn cheese) "You know, we sell some raw milk at our dairy and people who are allergic to milk say that they can drink it raw just fine."
Me: (again interested) "You do?  I've been wanting to try raw milk, where is your dairy?"
EEUG: (Finally noticing me and acting annoyed) It's in (fill in the name of some town).
Me: "Where is that?"
EEUG: "Bout 45 minutes away" (Turns back to Danae who is trying to wander away now) "We also sell some raw cheese, but we are out of that today."

I wanted to taste the cheese, I wanted to try the raw milk.  Why didn't he want me to?

It wasn't a bad market, It just wasn't great.  The one cool thing was that they had free cake and punch for some reason and people kept trying to get us to take some.  We did not drink the kool-aid, though we did get some produce.  I got some heirloom lettuce, jalapeno butter chips, barbeque sauce, arugula and this baby...

Hand Knitted by Carolyn Herr.  She has a blog as well www.herrprojects.blogspot.com and is also on Facebook.  All the proceeds from what she sells at the farmers market go towards feeding the homeless in Oklahoma City.  Pretty awesome.  Stop by and buy something from her.  She had some really sweet stuff.

We also tried to go to the Red Earth Museum, it was closed.  We wanted to hit up the American Banjo Museum as they had free music on Sat, but it clashed with our date at the RDOKC.  We were going to go to Guestroom Records for Record Store Day(thanks for the tip Jenn!) but their power went out and they sent all their bands to the Norman branch.  Another thing we tried to hit up was a Mind, Body and Soul Conference.  It too was cancelled.  We had a lot of cancellations going on.  One thing we did manage to do was wander Michaels like lost children.  They don't have Michaels in Greece, or anything like it apparently.  Very fun to wander with the Greek Girls.




No comments:

Post a Comment

New York

New York
I came home to you!