4.12.2011

Local

Oklahoma has some awesome local products.  I hope to share more of them as time gets along.  We went to the farmers market on Sunday.  Small.  To be fair, it is early in the season.  I bought some pecans and mushrooms.  The pecans are incredible.  Delicious and huge.  Apparently, when in season, you can get them for super cheap at roadside stands here.  There are pecan trees everywhere.  It is, however, mostly an old people sport.  They like to shell pecans while they watch TV, then they sell them.  To people like me.  Pecan loving tourists.

Matt of Urban Agrarian may take us morell hunting.  I will update you if that happens.  I also got some honey and bee pollen to try to combat my wierdo allergeies.  I didn't get them at the Farmer's market, although they do carry them there.  I had bought them earlier in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York

New York
I came home to you!