4.20.2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


A boy becomes a man today.  It is a very special someone's birthday today.  I have not seen him in a long time and I am guessing he is all grown up now.  Sterl, this birthday greeting goes out to you from the bottom of my heart.  Happy Birthday.  I wish you all the happiness New Jersey can muster.

In honor of this day, I will finally do my bike post.  Sans awesome pics of me in a bike helmet since we can never seem to leave for school early enough to take photos of ourselves in bike helmets with bikes.  I will certainly try to do it tomorrow am.  That is today's goal.

Dear Future 105 Degrees Academy Students,
If you plan on staying at the Extended Stay America and don't want to rent a car, rent a bike.  It is awesome.  No, Oklahoma City is not really bike friendly.  Yes, people will honk and yell things at you from their cars ocassionally.  Yes it is awesome and freeing.

The coolest bike store in the world is just down the expressway from the illustrious hotel at which I pen this mighty blog.  It is called Bike One.

http://bikeone.us/
The owners are Mark and Janet and they are awesome.  Really sweet and genuine people.  Everyone at the shop is super knowledgeable and can answer any questions you have.  They are very community oriented and are working to make OKC more bike friendly.  They do group rides once a week.  They will start at the shop and ride out, sometimes around Lake Heffner, sometimes just around the neighborhood.  They have a calendar of all the rides happening around the city.  It is really cool to see what they are accomplishing here in OKC.   They have been incredible to me, Danae and Ellie.  We got hooked up with bikes, helmets and a bike rack.  And their prices are very reasonable.  If you are looking to buy, they sell new and used.  Any way you slice it, a trip to Oklahoma City isn't complete unless you visit Bike One.  If for nothing else, to joke around with Mark for 5 minutes.  He is very funny.

They are even on Twitter and Facebook.  They are hipper than I am!
http://twitter.com/#!/BikeOneOklahoma
http://www.facebook.com/pages/BIKE-ONE/195430248023


Visit Bike One today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York

New York
I came home to you!