4.19.2011

Speaking of Chichis

We were doing that earlier.  Go back and read if you weren't here for that.

This is Chichi, the class Chia Pet.  Aren't the tiny sprouts so cute?

I forgot to post this on RDOKC, Batmanwoman was there.
Today was awesome.  Everyday in Oklahoma City is awesome.  It is like Disneyland, the happiest place on Earth.

Today in particular was awesome because of chocolate aka cacao.  Cacao is the raw form of chocolate. It comes in bean form, like coffee.  And is usually roasted.  In our case it is not. Cacao beans are spun at a very high rate which causes the fats and the powder to separate out.  That is how we end up with Cacao Powder and this:
Cacao Butter.....mmmmmmmmmm.  So delicious.  Great for making all things chocolate and also great for putting on your body.  It is naturally anti-microbial and anti-bacterial.  It contains high amounts of sulphur and magnesium and Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors.  MAO inhibitors allow serotonin and dopamine to circulate for longer periods of time in your bloodstream which means they make you happy.  And they keep the happy coming.  Cacao also has awesome anti-oxidants.  Yay cacao!

We turned that hunk of butter (actually a very small shaving of that hunk of butter) into these:
I did 4 flavors.  Coffee, Peppermint, Dark Chocolate and Hazelnut.  To half my Dark Chocolate I added Buckwheat Groats(they make it like a Krackel Bar) and to the other half almonds and salt.  I really messed up the almonds and salt.  Too much salt and no way to save it.  It bummed me out to the max.  But then we made granola and I was not so bummed anymore.  And then after that, we made chocolate chips and then I was really not bummed.
But then we had to pipe the chips, and while I won't say that bummed me out, it did get a little bit tiring.  i.e. a lot bit tiring.


My cheese from yesterday:

4 comments:

  1. I <3 cacao! YUM, cacao butter! So good.
    Excited for you to share a cacao recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't chocolate day the best? Except for piping those damn chips. Most tedious thing in the whole course! I love your "help me" plea, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,

    I promise I will bring chocolates!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber,
    Thanks! I never knew piping could be so hard. No one came to my rescue, by the way. I had to finish my chips alone.

    ReplyDelete

New York

New York
I came home to you!