4.16.2011

OMG Friends

Have we talked about OMG yet?  When I say OMG, I am not actually wanting you to read it as Oh My God.  I don't particularly like all the crazy text message/instant message vernacular.  You know it.  LOL, ROTFL, BRB...stuff like that.  I do however like to say OMG, it makes me happy.  Just think of me saying the letters.  Funny right?

I suppose in a way I am making fun of how technology has made us socially and verbally inept.  (Face to Face social, I mean as I assume you all have at least 500 Facebook friends.)  Don't get mad, I am not attacking your ability to make friends.  You are very good at clicking accept.

Since you have no doubt clicked away from me for offending you (something you couldn't do as easily in real life) you will be missing some awesome pictures and information.  It was pizza day today.  But before I get to that...

It's the Mystery Basket Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ellie and I were a team.  Our mystery items were Lemon, Lime, Grapefruit, Zucchini, Beet, Swiss Chard(which is actually a beet! Fun fact!), Fennel, Enoki Mushrooms, Mung Bean Sprouts, Parsley, Tomato, Avocado and Cashews.
We had 1.5 hours to come up with 2 dishes.  This is harder than it sounds.  We could use anything from the spice rack and could request one special item.  We decided on a noodle dish and a salad.  The noodle dish consisted of Zucchini noodles in a Cashew based sauce with Lime, Tomato and Parsley.  It had the Enoki Mushrooms and Sprouts.  Our other dish was a salad.  We requested mixed greens to use as our base.  It had wilted Chard, candied Cashews, Beets, Grapefruit, Fennel and Avocado.  We made a Grapefruit/Cumin dressing for it.
 
Creamy Fusion Noodles in a Creamy Tomato Lime Sauce
Mixed Greens with Wilted Chard and Candied Cahews
Danae and Brittany made a Cauliflower rice with Mushroom Cream Sauce and Roasted Vegetables and Almond/Ginger Lettuce Wraps with a Spicy Citrus Dipping Sauce and Cauliflower Salad.  Their Dishes were incredible.  Very Yummy.

And now, the moment you've all been waiting for....


PIZZA!!!!!!!!!!!
Gimme Pizza, P-I-Z-Z-A, I want Pizza....um, did I happen to say?

I made a NY slice: cheese, sauce, chili flakes, oregano, and garlic powder(no garlic salt available) and a mushroom and olive slice with arugula.  So good.

Here are the girls' pizzas:
Danae's Pizza
Brittany's Pizza

Ellie's Pizza

No comments:

Post a Comment

New York

New York
I came home to you!