1.06.2012

Starting the Year Off Right

Welcome to 2012, people of 2011.  What a crazy year it has been so far.  Phew!!!!!  The end of the world is coming soon, so buckle up.  This blog is about to get crazy.  Who knows what I'm capable of.  I may get my whole body tatooed with different types of plants.  All edible of course.  I will be a living garden of tattoos. And piercings.  I will pierce my body all over with earrings made of corn and dill weed.  Just you wait.

To start though, before I get all hip and shit, I have decided to get a little healthier.  I haven't been posting and in the no posting, I have been eating a lot of wheat and dairy and other glue up your intestines type of crap.  (Yipes!)  Since it is a brand new year, and for some reason I (like you) need an excuse (like the beginning of a year) to get my lazy ass to do anything towards self betterment, I have decided to get back to basics. (Was any of that proper grammar?  If so, I may have just justified my four years in a two year program at a community college!)  More raw food.  And exercise.  And water.  I do not drink enough water during the winter.  Here's what I have going on right now.


Raw choc chip cookies from my course at 105 Degrees (now Matthew Kenney OKC).  I dug up my recipes folder and salivated over all the recipes I have buried away and somewhat forgotten.  These are so easy to make.
I made cocoa and cinnamon crispies from Raw Food Real World.  This is my first time making the cinnamon.  I don't love them.  The cocoa crispies are awesome.  I have been making them for years.  Delicious.
I am trying to make kombucha.  I have made kombucha before, but fruit flies got my last batch and laid eggs in my SCOBY.  So, I am trying to make it without a SCOBY.  I have heard of people successfully making it from bottles of store bought kombucha.  That is what I am attempting.  If nothing grows over the next couple weeks, I think I will give in and buy a SCOBY from someone.  I have been missing it.
I had an incredible slaw salad at One Lucky Duck the other day.  I tried to recreate it at home.  Not too shabby. I will try to remember what I did to make the dressing and post it.
I made a raw lasagna with "roasted" vegetables.  It was so good and so easy.  It is a lot of processing and blending, but well worth it.  I will post the recipe in a couple days.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

New York

New York
I came home to you!