9.14.2011

CSA #6












We haven't even had a chance to eat the peppers or the edamame yet.  It is so much foood!  Sadly, the raspberries got a little forgotten and ended up molding before we could eat them.  That makes me sad.

We did make some incredible salsa.  How can you get tomatoes, onions, jalapeno and cilantro without making salsa???  Exactly.  Salsa is so easy.  Go get the ingredients and make it at home.  I dare you.  Start with your tomatoes and decide how chunky you want it.  Ours was chunky enough to be pico de gallo.  Chop or puree your toms.  I think we used 3 large toms.  Add onion next.  We did about half a med onion(not the ones you saw here, the ones from the previous CSA).  Add a few cloves of garlic.  We used 1 or 2 jalapenos and the whole bunch of cilantro.  You can chop, puree or pulse in a food processor to get it done.  We just chopped it all by hand.  I keep saying I think and we.  Matt made the salsa.  I think he used (fill in the blank) because I only saw what was left when he was done.  It was by far the best salsa Matt has made.


1 comment:

  1. I think my CSA sucks compared to yours, especially since ours got Irene-d. But really, when I was getting stuff, your CSA kicks my CSA's ass.

    ReplyDelete

New York

New York
I came home to you!